Looking for the perfect holiday D.I.Y gift? My special hot coco mix is easy to throw together, sensationally delicious and something you can feel good about giving! My suggestions below will make for a killer presentation and, in the spirit of giving, I even have a little goodie linked for you as well!
The coco itself is a tried and true holiday treat and it contains some truly good-for-you "nice list" ingredients - rich coco (duh), spicy cinnamon, aromatic vanilla, delicate coconut sugar and something that makes it so rich and creamy your recipients won't believe it's plant based. All they need to do is scoop a tablespoon or two into a mug and whisk in hot water - it's that simple.
To make the coco in bulk as I detail below, I suggest buying all of the ingredients in larger quantities on Amazon or at a bulk grocery store. I've linked them for ease as some are a bit illusive like vanilla powder and secret ingredient - coconut milk powder.
Please give this recipe a try - they make the perfect stocking stuffer, hostess gift, office treat, stranger or the bus pick-me-up - it's the perfect warm and spicy thing to share with anyone and everyone over the holidays.
Makes: 24, 4 oz. jars • Prep Time: Apx. 1 hour
Directions to make the mix:
1. Sift all ingredients into a very large bowl and whisk to combine evenly.
2. Add apx. 1/4 cup of the mixture to each clean and dry mini mason jar. Stores for 3 - 6 months.
IDEAS FOR GIFT GIVING:
- RECYCLED FABRIC JAR COVER: Head to your local Goodwill or thrift store and find great fabrics - get creative, search though the napkins, placemats, clothing, sheets, pillows, etc to find something you can re-use to create the sweetest covers for your jars. Just make sure it is thin enough to fit in-between your jar and it's screw on lid. Wash and iron your fabric. Cut the fabric into 4" x 4" squares and place onto of your jar between your lid and screw on top.
- SWEET SECRET MESSAGE: Under your lid, write a sweet message to the recipient in permanent market - they'll see it every time they go to use their coco mix which is sure to leave a smile on their face. Think short and sweet like "You are loved" "Merry & bright"
- FREE PRINTABLE TAGS: You may or may not know I am a graphic designer by trade and as my gift to you I designed double sided gift tags! Download the document and print double sided on a thicker card stock. Cut along the lines and use a hole punch and string to secure the tag to the lid (as pictured above). Ingredients and instructions for making the coco are included on the tag so your recipients will have no questions!