Spicy arugula, tart pomegranate seeds, sweet orange, earthy fennel, rich walnuts and a savory creamy dressing make for a complete flavor experience in one dish. Plus this is easily the prettiest salad ever created - the colors alone make it a feast for the eyes. Eat it on its own or as a side dish to any meal. It's easy, it's quick, it's fully raw and the dressing is something really special.
Serves: 4-8 people • Prep Time: 20 minutes.
- 1, 5 oz. box of baby arugula, washed
- 4 large oranges, rind removed and fruit sectioned
- 2 large fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- the seeds from one pomagrante
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Optional: anything else you love in salad like cucumber, tomatoes, cubed and cooked squash, avocado, pumpkin seeds, etc.
1. Spread a bed of arugula onto a large plate.
2. Section the orange, slice the fennel and seed the pomegranate. Arrange in an artful way on the arugula. Top with more pomegranate seeds and walnuts.
3. When it comes time to serve, drizzle the dressing over top.
Creamy Herbed Dressing
- 1 large zucchini, skin removed
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2-3 large dates, pitted (sub Maple Syrup if you don't have dates)
- 1 large lemon/lime, rind removed
- Handful fresh parsley or rosemary
- 1/4-2/3 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Add all ingredients into a high speed blender and processed on high for apx. 1 minute. Test for thickness and add more water if necessary...dressing will thicken a little bit on its own in the fridge
2. Place dressing in an air tight container and chill until it's time to serve the salad
LIGHT & LOVE, LIVECLEAN KITCHEN