I don't drink. Yes, I'm that friend. In fact, I have never even had a sip of alcohol, but that's a story for another time. I do, however, know how to have a fun time and enjoy a good mocktail (anyone else hate that word?). A while back, a friend of mine had a job at a cuban bar and he would make me the most amazing virgin mojitos - I fell in love with the flavor combination which is what led me to recreate the tart-tropical-fresh-taste in this simple smoothie.
This smoothie is super hydrating, nourishing and filling. This recipe makes enough for 4 but I've been known to down the whole thing as a meal (I never said I didn't have any vices).
Serves: 4 • Prep Time: 5-7 min
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- A 5 inch section of cucumber
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1 lime, rind removed
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- 1-3 cups coconut water or almond milk (this can vary depending on how thick or rich you want your smoothie, I tend to use 1.5 cup coconut water and 1/2 cup almond milk)
- Optional: A few pitted dates if you like things sweet, a knob of ginger if you like them spicy
Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend, it's that simple.
LIGHT & LOVE, LIVE CLEAN KITCHEN